Working with Children
Oaxaca is one of the poorest states in Mexico and there is a high number of children in need. Many young children can be seen working in order to help provide an income for their families and other children are left with little or no care because their parents need to be out working. Oaxaca, therefore, has a number of care homes and day centres for children with different needs and they always need help and volunteers.
- Centro de Esperanza Infantil Oaxaca provides a place for street children in Oaxaca to gain an education and care.
- Canica works to improve the lives and livelihoods of street children in Oaxaca.
- Amanc Oaxaca works in accompanying children with cancer throughout their entire treatment.
- Fundación Oaxaqueña de Equinoterapía uses horse therapy to provide a rehabilitation alternative for children and young people with disabilities.
- Cuidando Angeles provides care and comprehensive rehabilitation for children with Cerebral Palsy.
- FONI is a network of 16 organizations all focused on children.